To help your day be a smashing success
Give us the nitty gritty details of your day!
Some helpful tips:
- Make sure to have breaks with food planned before the ceremony. Having someone in charge of getting your food is also a great idea.
- It's important to have your dress, all the rings, and any other details you might want with you while you're getting ready that we can photograph.
- Make sure to let family and bridal party know times they are supposed to be ready at.
- If you have a special hanger or a nice wooden hanger for your dress, it's a huge help if someone is able to hang the dress on it for us to photograph. (If not, we always bring a wooden hanger as a back up!)
- If you want the guys with their boutonnieres on during formal photos, make sure the flowers will arrive before the guys formal time.
We just need:
- A short questionnaire answered
- A timeline of your day
- A shot list for your family formals
If you can copy and paste any timelines or lists into this form it's the best, but if not, just email us at email@example.com
TIMELINE TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
When deciding on an arrival time for your photographer, we usually recommend deciding how much reception coverage you want, and then working backwards. For example, if your reception starts at 7pm and you want three hours of reception coverage, you might want the photographer there from 2pm-10pm. We usually recommend about 3 hours of reception coverage, since after that, what we're documenting becomes redundant.
If you would like coverage of the bridal party getting ready, we recommend allowing about 60-90 minutes.
If you have any details that you might want documented (i.e wedding dress, all the rings, any jewelry, shoes, and/or flowers) please have them with you where you are getting ready.
Photography for formal family photos typically takes between 15-40 minutes, depending on the size of the family and the number of groups to be photographed.
Here are some sample timeline slots for a reference.
1. Getting ready (60-90min)
2. Groomsmen photos (20-40min)
3. First look (30min)
4. Bridesmaids shots (20-40min)
5. Wedding Party (30min)
6. Family formals (15-40min depending on shot list)
7. Ceremony (we normally want to be done doing pre-ceremony shots 30min-1hr before the ceremony starts so that you all can chill!)
SHOT LIST TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
Family Formals: Photography for formal family photos typically takes between 15-40 minutes, depending on the size of the family and the number of groups to be photographed. The below list would take less then 10min if all the family is present.
- Portrait with Bride's family
- Portrait with Groom's family
- Portrait with Groom’s Parents
- Portrait with Bride’s Parents
Bride Shots: 20-40min
- Solo portraits
- Portrait with bridesmaids
Groom Shots: 20-40min
- Solo portraits
- Portrait with groomsmen
Wedding Party: 30min
- Whole Bridal Party
- Just Bride and Groom
NOTE: Allow more time for bigger wedding parties (more than four bridesmaids and four groomsmen). Also note that we can spend as much or as little time on formals as you like. The more time we have, the less stressed the bridal party and family will be, and the more creative we'll be able to be. Less time allotted means more time for partying.